The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Susan Harkins (424) [Avatar] Offline
Please share post-publication errors in this folder. We'll compile and publish a comprehensive list for everyone's convenience. Thank you!

Susan Harkins
Errata Editor
Raffael D (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hey,

I found a typo on page 141. In one of the annotations for Figure 6.8 (the one on the top right), it reads "tunning" instead "tuning". I also wanted to use this opportunity to tell you that this is a great book and an invaluable resource for my daily work.

Best wishes,

Raffael
373888 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Errata - Listing 4.5
In the 4.5 Listing in the book the Spout is changed from extending BaseBasicBolt to BaseRichBolt

I'm using storm snapshot 0.11 so i do not know if the issues I found are just with this version:

The listing states:
@Override
public void execute(Tuple tuple,
BasicOutputCollector outputCollector)

should be:

@Override
public void execute(Tuple tuple)

As the OutputCollector was already provided in the prepare()

Best Regards,
Gustavo
323191 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Page 52, Listing 3.8.

The build method should be static if invoked like in Listing 3.9:
public static StormTopology build(){...}