The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

george.jiang (41) [Avatar] Offline
Angular 1.5 will come with a new route module. Will the new route module be covered in this book? (We have waited for a long time for this book and we can definitely wait for another two months to get the 1.5 route covered by this book).

PS. I am not concerned about Angular 2.0 at all, since I think Angular 2.0 will not be in production use for a few more good years giving the current state of Web browsers (specifically IE 11 which will still be in Windows 10).
Lukas Ruebbelke (107) [Avatar] Offline
The new router will not be covered in the first edition of the print version of this book as it is 99.9% done. Hooray!

With that said, I will be upgrading Angello to the latest Angular as it become available and offering additional bonus content where it makes sense and depending on how many people request a certain topic. A branch and a blog post covering the new Angular router in the context of Angello will almost certainly happen at http://onehungrymind.com/. So the answer is "yes in some form, we will cover it"
george.jiang (41) [Avatar] Offline
When will the example application be upgraded to AngularJS 1.4? Especially the animation related code, since the ng-animation module has been re-written in AngularJS 1.4. Thanks.