The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

339213 (5) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Author,

I am new to Javascript and learnt little bit of Javascript from w3schools.com. Is that enough to buy and read this Ninja book? Or should we buy any other book before I buy this book?

I have already bought meteor in action MEAP and reading it.

I need to understand the depth of the javascript before I start developing large applications using Javascript, node.js, mongodb with client and server side programming.

Thanks!
Josip Maras (30) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

It really depends; if you're a novice to programming then "Secrets of the JavaScript Ninja" is maybe not the first book to go with, especially since we won't be going through the very basic syntax of JavaScript (writing loops, conditions, math expressions, etc.).

But if you have any experience with general programming, I think the book can be very useful. We'll go deep into all core JavaScript concepts in a way and we'll do our best that it's approachable even to novice JavaScript programmers.

Good luck!
339213 (5) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks Josip.

Will there be any promo code to buy the first edition of this book with discount If I buy this second edition now?

Thank you once again!