The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

4565 (1) [Avatar] Offline
So, what is the ETA of this book? 2020?

Just kidding folks smilie I wish you the best with this book and, yes, all kidding aside, hope that your journey will be smoother (and faster) than with the first edition.
Anonymous (122) [Avatar]
Hi 4565 smilie,

The plan is to finish the complete book by the end of this year (just to emphasize - by the end of 2015 smilie).

Thanks for the wishes!

We'll do our best.

Josip

Anonymous (122) [Avatar]
Given the history of the last one, anyone who was suckered into buying the MEAP of the first edition ought to get this one for free.
Anonymous (122) [Avatar]
I bought it this year and I am reading it. By what I am learning, I will be happy to give more of my money to the authors wtih this second edition.
Great job!
Anonymous (122) [Avatar]
Anonymous wrote:I bought it this year and I am reading it. By what I am learning, I will be happy to give more of my money to the authors wtih this second edition.
Great job!

Nice. You bought a two year old book and you're learning loads. A two year old book that was started in 2009 and advertised in MEAP for half off. And it only took 3 years to finally get a book for that half off price. So what you read was started and had immediately had copies sold over 5 years ago. I don't think I'd be happy to give these particular authors any more money until I see a completed volume.

I'm sure they meant well. But as my grandmother used to say, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."