Myke (5) [Avatar] Offline
This may simply be deemed to constitute a typo or other simple mistake - and thus not be the sort of feedback that you're seeking - but in Table 1 of Chapter 3 the DF and TF have been transposed in the TF*IDF equation for lego. (see attached screen grab)

Doug Turnbull (15) [Avatar] Offline
Oh you're saying it should be TF / DF (TF * IDF) because the table has division?
Myke (5) [Avatar] Offline
Doug Turnbull wrote:Oh you're saying it should be TF / DF (TF * IDF) because the table has division?

No.

I'm saying that in the example equation TF*IDF (or TF/DF) for The Lego Movie the values for TF and IDF have been transposed.

Assuming I understand the accompany text correctly the table purports to show that "lego" appears three times in "The Lego Movie", which is the only document in which the term appears. If that is the case then TF*IDF should be 3 / 1 = 3 (not 1 / 3 = 0.3333 as it appears in Table 1).

Note that even if I have completely misunderstood the example something is still wrong with Table 1, as the TF*IDF equation for "love" is inconsistent with the one for "lego".
Doug Turnbull (15) [Avatar] Offline
Wow I see now. Sorry it took some epic concentration to notice it for some reason. Thanks a ton. You're right, TF and DF appear transposed