Yuri (4) [Avatar] Offline
0) Great book, thank you!

1) 2.2.7: The path to the apk is not platforms/android/ant-build/HelloCordova-debug.apk, it is platforms/android/build/outputs/apk/android-debug.apk

2) 2.2.5, 2.2.6: Even though it is kind of obvious that if there are commands ionic platform add ios and ionic emulate ios, the same would work for android, wouldn't it be better to explicitly show ionic platform add android and ionic emulate android?

3) ionic start chapter2 creates some dummy app with links to external images. It does work in the browser with ionic serve, but these images are not loaded in the Android emulator and on my Nexus 5. I wonder if I need to add some permission to allow external images?
I've just downloaded version 8 where point 2 is resolved
For external recources likes images, and for live reload to work the following plugin has to be added:

ionic plugin add cordova-plugin-whitelist

http://forum.ionicframework.com/t/external-images-wont-load-in-the-emulator-newbie/22444
jeremy.wilken (208) [Avatar] Offline
Hello, sorry for the delay I've been moving this week and things have been crazy!

1. What OS are you using on your computer? I'll check the file paths for the debug file, perhaps it is not consistent. I'll at least make sure the text addresses the location may be different.

2. Those were updated as you saw.

3. Cordova (very) recently changed to the whitelist plugin instead of having that as part of the core.

Let me know if you have other questions or issues!

Jeremy
1) OS X
jeremy.wilken (208) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks, I'll double check those details for OSX and update the content.

Jeremy