The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

yoonghm (12) [Avatar] Offline
Hi

I was looking for nginx with meteor so that static contents could be served and cached, and i came across passenger (https://github.com/phusion/passenger/wiki/Phusion-Passenger:-Meteor-tutorial).

Any possibility to include it or in another book?
stephan.hochhaus (92) [Avatar] Offline
Passenger will not make it into this book, but it certainly looks interesting from the first experiments I did with it. Since personally I am going down a Docker/Meteor cluster/HAProxy workflow for the next project it will be a while before I can take a closer look at Passenger.
Perhaps Manning is interested in a book on Passenger - or possibly even a broader scope of devops related options for going into production. I think such a general book is sorely missing from the shelves today, but I am not sure if there is enough demand for a book that covers various deployment options and compares them. Seems more targeted at CTOs than most developers...
yoonghm (12) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks for the insights. The web technologies keep on improving and some technologies come and go. I agree that only CTO or system architects care about which way to go.