The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

257929 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hello,

I have purchased "Groovy in Action" (2nd edition) as a way to learn how to use the topics presented in chapters 13, 14 and 15 (DB programming, XML & JSON, Web Services). I would like to know what chapters (for example 1 thru 8 ) would be considered as prerequisites in order to understand the topics presented in chapters 13, 14,and 15 please?

Thank you very much,
Michael Delaney
Mittie (397) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

if you did some programming before, I'd suggest that you just jump into your topics of interest.
None of the preceding chapters are truly "mandatory".
If you come to any specific question about let's say Strings than you can still go back to the earlier chapters for the background information.

Quickly skimming chapter 2 may help to give you some feeling for the language to start with.

Enjoy
Dierk