The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

yee (1) [Avatar] Offline
What a mess!
Matt Farina (9) [Avatar] Offline
In one of the other threads Manning noted they are working on it and will try to fix it for the next update.

I had no idea of the issues until it came up in the forums. I'm happy you have spoken up.
452108 (2) [Avatar] Offline
The formatting of the mobi version of this book is still terrible, the code snippets are all but unreadable on a kindle.

I contacted customer support over a month ago and they said they would look into it, I prompted them again a couple of days ago however the customer support representative I am communicating with has not heard anything back from the person he raised it with.

If I had bought only the ebook (rather than getting it free with the print book) I would have requested a refund. Compared to the O'Reilly books I own the Manning mobi format ebook for Go in Practice is really very poor.
342804 (5) [Avatar] Offline
Can anyone actually fix this already ?
452108 (2) [Avatar] Offline
342804 wrote:Can anyone actually fix this already ?

It appears not. It seems that they don't care about the quality of their ebooks. Had I only bought the ebook, and not the print book, I would have asked for a refund.
342804 (5) [Avatar] Offline
452108 wrote:
342804 wrote:Can anyone actually fix this already ?

It appears not. It seems that they don't care about the quality of their ebooks. Had I only bought the ebook, and not the print book, I would have asked for a refund.

Surprisingly it's only this (and one more book which I cannot recall now) that has unreadable code snippets.