Wendy Wise (3) [Avatar] Offline
Thank you so much for stopping by the author forum! I'm so glad you're here! This is my very first book, so I appreciate your patience as you take this journey with me! I wrote this book because I want to help you learn to program for iPhones and iPads - so please drop a line here and provide ANY feedback that you have! I promise to listen and respond to everything!!! Thanks again for checking this out!

Wendy
Anonymous (122) [Avatar]
Wendy, thank you so much for writing this book, I've been interested in app writing for a while. I look forward to reading it. Opal Underwood
Anonymous (122) [Avatar]
Anonymous wrote:Wendy, thank you so much for writing this book, I've been interested in app writing for a while. I look forward to reading it. Opal Underwood

Thank you so much! Please let me know if you have any questions as you work through the book!
148060 (1) [Avatar] Offline
I'm enjoying reading the Author's knowledge & explanations, but I hope I don't have to wait until the Spring of 2016 to receive all the chapters smilie. I do understand a high quality book takes time to achieve. So, drink more coffee and type faster smilie, I'm anxious to learn more & quickly. This is a fun book to read & learn, too.

Other author's books seem to leave me hanging with questions & there is a gap between the beginner chapters & the more advanced topics. -Pete
Anonymous (122) [Avatar]
Thanks for dropping the note and for the tweet! I appreciate it! I'm glad you're enjoying the book!! I've got chapters 8 and 9 submitted for editorial review and have started on 10. {{need more coffee}}

Thanks again Pete!
Wendy Wise (3) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks for dropping the note and for the tweet! I appreciate it! I'm glad you're enjoying the book!! I've got chapters 8 and 9 submitted for editorial review and have started on 10. {{need more coffee}}

Thanks again Pete!
lgiglio (7) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks.

No longer is it : "Reading, writing and arithmetic" but now it's : "Reading, writing, arithmetic and fun programming".

Regards,
Laurence.
DrScott (9) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Wendy,

I'm looking forward to your book, which I purchased for my wife. I taught her how to program back in the 1990's to support her doctoral research (using a programming book I published back then), but she moved on to computer graphics when research opportunities dried up.

By the way, you state in chapter 1 that Objective-C was created by Apple for programming the iPhone and iPad. That's not quite accurate. Objective-C was developed by Brad Cox and Tom Love back in the 80's (I still have a copy of Brad Cox's textbook on Objective-C) and was the language used by NeXT to write NeXTstep, the forerunner of both OS X's Cocoa and iOS's Cocoa Touch. NeXT purchased the rights to Objective-C from Brad Cox, and Apple "inherited" Objective-C when they purchased NeXT.

Scott
kumarjayanti (6) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

I purchased this book just now. In the first chapter you mention MAC with Yosemite or later version as a requirement . I have 10.8.5 on my Mac and i do not wish to upgrade immediately. Can you please tell me whether this is an absolute show stopper for making use of the stuff in this book.

thanks
suker (1) [Avatar] Offline
Thank you for writing the book smilie
476348 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Thank you for engaging reading! I swallowed the book over a few nights. I'd like to become a writer one day too but so far I am learning how to become a columnist.
Wish you future success and inspiration!
476675 (1) [Avatar] Offline
I haven't composed any book earlier, however, thinking to compose a book on theme cheap coursework writing service in light of the fact that it's my work additionally implies presently I'm working on coursework composing service where me and my partners helping understudies with their coursework.
478618 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Well I'm a new Iphone user, I don't want to make myself fool around you guys but reality is, I don't know how to use Iphone I think its not user friendly like android, its pretty commonly used around hope you can help me in enabling Siri features got to know about it from Custom Paper Service | PapersArena as its one of the good and interesting feature which can guide me how to use this Iphone, plus I want to know do I have to pay for apps in Iphone?