Wendy Wise (3) [Avatar] Offline
Thank you so much for stopping by the author forum! I'm so glad you're here! This is my very first book, so I appreciate your patience as you take this journey with me! I wrote this book because I want to help you learn to program for iPhones and iPads - so please drop a line here and provide ANY feedback that you have! I promise to listen and respond to everything!!! Thanks again for checking this out!

Wendy
Anonymous (122) [Avatar]
Wendy, thank you so much for writing this book, I've been interested in app writing for a while. I look forward to reading it. Opal Underwood
Anonymous (122) [Avatar]
Anonymous wrote:Wendy, thank you so much for writing this book, I've been interested in app writing for a while. I look forward to reading it. Opal Underwood

Thank you so much! Please let me know if you have any questions as you work through the book!
148060 (1) [Avatar] Offline
I'm enjoying reading the Author's knowledge & explanations, but I hope I don't have to wait until the Spring of 2016 to receive all the chapters smilie. I do understand a high quality book takes time to achieve. So, drink more coffee and type faster smilie, I'm anxious to learn more & quickly. This is a fun book to read & learn, too.

Other author's books seem to leave me hanging with questions & there is a gap between the beginner chapters & the more advanced topics. -Pete
Anonymous (122) [Avatar]
Thanks for dropping the note and for the tweet! I appreciate it! I'm glad you're enjoying the book!! I've got chapters 8 and 9 submitted for editorial review and have started on 10. {{need more coffee}}

Thanks again Pete!
Wendy Wise (3) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks for dropping the note and for the tweet! I appreciate it! I'm glad you're enjoying the book!! I've got chapters 8 and 9 submitted for editorial review and have started on 10. {{need more coffee}}

Thanks again Pete!
lgiglio (7) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks.

No longer is it : "Reading, writing and arithmetic" but now it's : "Reading, writing, arithmetic and fun programming".

Regards,
Laurence.
DrScott (9) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Wendy,

I'm looking forward to your book, which I purchased for my wife. I taught her how to program back in the 1990's to support her doctoral research (using a programming book I published back then), but she moved on to computer graphics when research opportunities dried up.

By the way, you state in chapter 1 that Objective-C was created by Apple for programming the iPhone and iPad. That's not quite accurate. Objective-C was developed by Brad Cox and Tom Love back in the 80's (I still have a copy of Brad Cox's textbook on Objective-C) and was the language used by NeXT to write NeXTstep, the forerunner of both OS X's Cocoa and iOS's Cocoa Touch. NeXT purchased the rights to Objective-C from Brad Cox, and Apple "inherited" Objective-C when they purchased NeXT.

Scott
kumarjayanti (6) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

I purchased this book just now. In the first chapter you mention MAC with Yosemite or later version as a requirement . I have 10.8.5 on my Mac and i do not wish to upgrade immediately. Can you please tell me whether this is an absolute show stopper for making use of the stuff in this book.

thanks
suker (1) [Avatar] Offline
Thank you for writing the book smilie