The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

342855 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

I'm new to Storm and this book helped me in coming up to speed with a lot of storm concepts. It was a breeze reading through it. Thanks for writing such an amazing book.

I'm evaluating my use cases trying to break down the problem as suggested in the book.

One of the use case is to register users in the system. The data for registration comes from RabbitMq. I would imagine having a topology with a spout that reads the registration message from the queue and a bolt to persist the data. Though this does not seem to be a proper fit for storm as such, I like the parallelism of storm.

Is it even right to use Storm this way? Your comments will be much appreciated.

Thank you again.
sean.allen (19) [Avatar] Offline
Is there any reason to not do that directly in your application?

You are taking on an awful lot of infrastructure and overhead for something that should be easy and quick to do from an existing application.