345276 (2) [Avatar] Offline
First of all: I love the book.
But I have a slight suggestion:
It would be nice to have "before/after" branching in the github repo, so one would be able to follow along the coding process without recreating the basic structure of the code.
I really miss this in Chapter 7.
stephan.hochhaus (92) [Avatar] Offline
I hear ye - we already have something in place. Alas it is so complicated we need to document it. (plus we will restructure the code repos once we finalize the contents).

Each repo has several branches that correspond with the sections of a chapter. So if you're in chapter 7 and start section 2 you will want to start with the outcome of section 1. That can be found in the s01 branch: https://github.com/meteorinaction/ch07-pubsub/tree/01-pubSub

Currently some of the repos are a bit more messy than others because of changes to the code (and having the branch structure is more work and we don't want to redo it with every change).

So, bottom line, we have something in place for you and we're open to all suggestions to make it more accessible. Using branches for starting points and intermediate results is not really self-explanatory, so there will be an appendix on how we thought it should work.
345276 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Oh, my fault! I tried it that way but somehow thought it didn't work.

Dank dir!

stephan.hochhaus wrote:I hear ye - we already have something in place. Alas it is so complicated we need to document it. (plus we will restructure the code repos once we finalize the contents).

Each repo has several branches that correspond with the sections of a chapter. So if you're in chapter 7 and start section 2 you will want to start with the outcome of section 1. That can be found in the s01 branch: https://github.com/meteorinaction/ch07-pubsub/tree/01-pubSub

Currently some of the repos are a bit more messy than others because of changes to the code (and having the branch structure is more work and we don't want to redo it with every change).

So, bottom line, we have something in place for you and we're open to all suggestions to make it more accessible. Using branches for starting points and intermediate results is not really self-explanatory, so there will be an appendix on how we thought it should work.