The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

rcoe67 (4) [Avatar] Offline
Following the instructions on cloning the project, and then re-cloning with the --recursive flag per the other forum post, the installation seemed to be successful. However on installing Java, I get this error:

vagrant@precise64:~$ ansible-playbook /vagrant/ansible-playbooks/java-8-gradle.yml --inventory-file=/vagrant/home/ansible_hosts --connection=local
ERROR: Unable to find an inventory file, specify one with -i ?

Any suggestions as to cause/repair?

Thanks,
Robin.
rcoe67 (4) [Avatar] Offline
Thought there might be a problem with adding --recursive and re-cloning (I'm no git master), so recreated the git repo from scratch. This time I see the yml files (although with different naming conventions than are in the book), but now when I execute the command I get this error:

vagrant@precise64:~$ ansible-playbook /vagrant/ansible-playbooks/java8-gradle.yml --inventory-file=/vagrant/home/ansible/ansible_hosts --connection=local
ERROR: The file /vagrant/home/ansible/ansible_hosts is marked as executable, but failed to execute correctly. If this is not supposed to be an executable script, correct this with `chmod -x /vagrant/home/ansible/ansible_hosts`.

The file in the guest is marked with 777 permissions, while the file on the host is marked with 644. I cannot remove the x bit in the VM for some reason. I am running from a cygwin environment, in case there's a known issue there.