The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Mylène Reiners (2) [Avatar] Offline
As of now (after reading 3 chapters and skimming some others) I'm kind of disappointed in this book. I hoped for much more "measure" etc. tips, tricks and best practices, and (a whole lot) less coding.
Being an architect/developer, I do know how to write code (and to learn API's and such).

This does not mean the content about what to measure and how to react is a disappointment BTW. That is valuable, no doubt about that. YMMV, but it is kind of irritating to try to find those gems from between lots of code...

Mylène
christopher.davis (5) [Avatar] Offline
Hi there,

hopefully after the revisions we've done to the book since your comment, specifically moving the bulk of the code out to the appendices and focusing more on the concepts, you find a lot more value in this book. If you haven't taken a look at the latest MEAP definitely check it out.
Mylène Reiners (2) [Avatar] Offline
I will, and let you know smilie