295603 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

You mentioned you may need to do some more research on getting around the not having a Mac issue so I wanted to suggest http://www.macincloud.com/ as an option. I tried it out recently and it was super cool. The pay-as-you go and managed server options do not allow sudo so to get Ionic and Cordova to work you have to be a bit clever; however, I was able to get it to work and I was able to view my app running in the native Xcode iOS emulator. They have a dedicated option for $49/month that does provide sudo but at this point the hack I sorted out works fine.

Cheers!

John

-------------------------------

If you don’t have a Mac, there are some options available ... that can help build your apps. (Possible Ionic tool here, need to do more research into options. Most are only able to provide a build, not simulators.)

Jeremy Wilken (0101-01-01 01:00:00+01:00). Ionic in Action MEAP v03 (Kindle Locations 350-352). Manning Publications Co.. Kindle Edition.
jeremy.wilken (208) [Avatar] Offline
The Drifty team has been building out a service for allowing you to build apps for iOS even if you aren't on a Mac. It isn't yet ready so I haven't updated the chapter with details, however that will be the best option in most cases since it will be baked into the ecosystem.

Jeremy