Lucas Arenas (3) [Avatar] Offline
Hello, mi name is Lucas. I am very excited about the book, so I want to know when do you think the next chapters will be published?

Thank you.
Sean A. Walsh (15) [Avatar] Offline
Lucas Arenas wrote:Hello, mi name is Lucas. I am very excited about the book, so I want to know when do you think the next chapters will be published?

Thank you.

Hello Lucas. We are planning on chapters 3 and 4 to be made available in the next couple of weeks. We've written them both and are just polishing them up. Thanks.
susan.conant (20) [Avatar] Offline
Hello,
I am the editor for Reactive Application Development. We will be releasing another new chapter approximately once a month, so you can expect another chapter early in January.

Thanks,
Susan Conant
Thank you for your answers. I will wait for them.
Chris Oman (4) [Avatar] Offline
Any update on when we might expect the next chapter (or 2 maybe)?
Hello,
It has taken us a bit longer than we intended (We want to make sure it's right before we release it.), but we will have another chapter in the next couple of weeks, as we are closing in on the final details. Chapter 3 "The Akka basic toolkit," will be next, and then chapter 4, "Domain-driven design," which is already written, will be released in short order. Thanks for your patience - the chapters WILL be worth the wait! Susan Conant, Senior Development Editor for Reactive Application Development
Chapter 4 "Domain-driven design" is now out on the MEAP, and chapter 3 will be added soon.

Thanks,
Susan
343129 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Susan

Congrats on the great book, I'm enjoying the read and liked how you explained boundary context and behavioral aspects of DDD.

From my experience, I think the most common domain models developers develop in day in day out are micro ERP models in context. Obviously the context and workflow of how a business processes sales, orders, invoicing, fulfillment and shipment vary, depending on if the business trades goods, service or both to consumers. So, such businesses can be retail, logistics, finance to investment companies, but in each case the context of items ordered and how they are processed and fulfilled/delivered vary, but the process workflow patterns logically similar.

Would you be so kind as to use a micro ERP contexts (sales, order, invoicing, delivery) in your domain model in Part 2. It would allow developers to more easily relate to and understand what you are trying to explain, and better grasp the advantages of Akka messaging, DDD/CQRS and event sourcing. The workflow between the different micro ERP contexts as reactive events would also be more easily understood and allow developers to more readily apply such solutions without much of a context switch.

Success Susan
Anna
343129 wrote:Hi Susan

Congrats on the great book, I'm enjoying the read and liked how you explained boundary context and behavioral aspects of DDD.

From my experience, I think the most common domain models developers develop in day in day out are micro ERP models in context. Obviously the context and workflow of how a business processes sales, orders, invoicing, fulfillment and shipment vary, depending on if the business trades goods, service or both to consumers. So, such businesses can be retail, logistics, finance to investment companies, but in each case the context of items ordered and how they are processed and fulfilled/delivered vary, but the process workflow patterns logically similar.

Would you be so kind as to use a micro ERP contexts (sales, order, invoicing, delivery) in your domain model in Part 2. It would allow developers to more easily relate to and understand what you are trying to explain, and better grasp the advantages of Akka messaging, DDD/CQRS and event sourcing. The workflow between the different micro ERP contexts as reactive events would also be more easily understood and allow developers to more readily apply such solutions without much of a context switch.

Success Susan
Anna

Anna,

Thank you for your input. We are planning on a sort of running domain example and will consider more of an every day domain for the remainder of the book.

Sean
343129 (2) [Avatar] Offline
That's great Sean. Will the running domain have multiple bounded contexts and show the progression of reactive workflow between them (ex: like orders to invoicing to fulfillment)?
KR,
Anna
343129 wrote:That's great Sean. Will the running domain have multiple bounded contexts and show the progression of reactive workflow between them (ex: like orders to invoicing to fulfillment)?
KR,
Anna

In order to demonstrate eventual consistency it most surely will.
311926 (4) [Avatar] Offline
Please roll out the next chapters asap, readers momentum is lost with the delay.

Thanks
Abhi
311926 wrote:Please roll out the next chapters asap, readers momentum is lost with the delay.

Thanks
Abhi

We apologize for the delay as life and work reared their ugly heads. We're getting the next 3 chapters ready to go in the next few weeks so bear with us and we appreciate your patience!
311926 (4) [Avatar] Offline
still waiting, any updates?
300436 (4) [Avatar] Offline
Today is May 8. When next updates?
Four months have passed since the last update of the book.
Is there a specific date for future updates? Will the book writing continue?
300436 (4) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks for your hard working. Next chapters will be Chapter 6/7?
66579 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

Is this book going to be written? I am asking for me to know should I purchase it or notsmilie
66579 wrote:Hi,

Is this book going to be written? I am asking for me to know should I purchase it or notsmilie

Duncan and I are 100% committed to finishing this book and it is a top priority. We write each day and want to make sure we get things right before releasing to MEAP. I really wish I had more time to write but obviously reactive/akka/scala is a lucrative trend and will be for years to come and as such I am buried in full time client work.
kveratis (3) [Avatar] Offline
How does the material in this book compare/relate-to the material in the MEAP Functional and Reactive Domain Modeling, there appears to be some cross over.