The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

eljaydub (1) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks for the book! I've been eagerly skimming through all the MEAP updates. Today I was browsing the v9 MEAP and trying out the 0.4.4 sdk on my Ubuntu box and noticed a small error in S2.2. In Listing 2.1 there is a missing '}' on the 'if' statement after return -1;

I guessed that you're going to replace all of these Listings with the code on github before the final edition anyway but I just thought I'd point it out and start a general thread to collect all of the ebook code listing errata (as opposed to that found on the github codebase, for which posting here is clearly the wrong solution).

Would I be right in assuming that it's not useful to point out literary errata because it will be caught by non-technical professional proof-readers, but technical code errata is worth pointing out because a proof-reader is unlikely to notice technical details?

Hope that's helpful and thanks again for the book!
bradley.davis (18) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Code example errors in ebook
Ideally we'd like to have the code in the book simply come from the code in the git repository, but injecting the code into the documents we use to master the manuscript is tricky, so you end up with copy paste errors like the one you've found. Thanks for point it out. I'll try to fix it in the next meap.