The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

douglasv (316) [Avatar] Offline
will angularjs 2.0 be the books new base for coding?

Is there a new book completion date?

angularjs 2.0 is described as:
"significant departure" from version 1.x
"drastically different looking framework"

Will version 2.0 make this book antiquated?
Lukas Ruebbelke (107) [Avatar] Offline
Re: angularjs 2.0
Hi -- good questions!

1. The code base will be 1.3 and 2.0 is still quite a way outs.
2. Now that 1.3 is stable, I am taking the rest of the year off to finish the book. If this book is not done by the end of the year, my family is going to kill me! smilie
3. I think that is a bit sensational as all the concepts will still exist but the syntax will evolve slightly to be simpler, embrace ES6 better and work better with web components. At this point it is ALL speculation since nothing has been set in stone and the AngularJS team is working very hard to solicit feedback from the community.

As 2.0 is finalized, I will provide a 2.0 version of the sample application and some commentary on the differences.