The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

dmp79 (12) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Jeremy,

The new chapters are great, thank you!

I have a small problem though. While following along with the chapters I can't seem to get anything working. The app is just showing a blank screen. I start with the ionic blank template but can't get anything to show up while I am working (I have live-reload etc and my other hacked-together ionic projects are working).

It would be really useful if we could download sample code for each project or install your templates from codepen etc. Is that possible?
jeremy.wilken (208) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Available sample code
I've been reworking chapters 4-6, which you see 4-5 in their original state. The revisions have code setup on Github but in the version you have the code is not on Github. I've attached the examples here from the first versions.

I wanted to get feedback on the first version of the chapters but am reworking them to be cleaner and less 'documenationy'. Rather, you'll end up building 3 complete apps instead of lots of simple examples.

Jeremy
dmp79 (12) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Available sample code
Ok, I managed to solve the issue. I guess I just wasn't careful when typing (i'm using brackets and it tends to capitalise certain words like Function).

I agree, building three complete apps could be better. I was slightly confused jumping between different nav methods especially at listing 4.4 where we go back to 4.3.3 although i've managed to work it out now. Still finding the book very useful though!

I also have issues trying to get a modal window working but i'm sure you'll cover that soon.

Thanks for the update smilie

Daniel