yagiz (27) [Avatar] Offline
I've been a long time MEAP reader. I love the concept, I've had many MEAP books but IMHO one thing that's been far-from-ideal in general, has been the update management (or its lack-of).

For this book, whose subject I find really interesting, are you planning to have some way to tell the readers what's updated in each chapter?
debasish.ghosh (44) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Updates
Usually when the next MEAP comes out, the mail contains the updates with respect to the last MEAP. Not sure if this answers your question. Are you looking for anything more detailed ?

Thanks.
yagiz (27) [Avatar] Offline
Yes, the e-mail usually outlines the changes but in broad terms. In an ideal world I would love to see something like "Track/See Changes" feature that shows every difference between versions. Things like changes in samples codes, rewording of certain sections, etc.

Now... I appreciate that this is not supported out-of-the-box by the published formats. Nonetheless, if one starts to read an MEAP book early, each chapter goes through many revisions. It would be useful to see what has exactly changed. Otherwise, I now tend to let MEAP run for a while so that the early chapters mature before buying into it.
debasish.ghosh (44) [Avatar] Offline
Yes, I understand your point - we are so much used to things like "git diff" that makes our life so easier. I will take it up with the publisher and see if something can be done. Though no commitments please smilie

Thanks.