stephan.hochhaus (92) [Avatar] Offline
Just put the finishing touches on chapter 4 - working with data. You can already find the code on github: https://github.com/meteorinaction/ch04-workingwithdata

Probably we need to take section 4.5 and make it a dedicated chapter about using full reactivity and two-way data binding with core Meteor. Let me know what you think.

I hope we will be able to update the book for Meteor day.
348904 (1) [Avatar] Offline
First, I want to say that I really love your book. But I think there're some places need to be corrected.
+ This sentence: "Each plant should be displayed with information regarding their color, instructions for
watering and a button to mark a plant as watered. We will add" (page 92- line 4 from top), I think you miss something after the word "add".
+ This sentence: "this.status = new ReactiveVar(); " (page 92 - ReactiveVar –The power of Session with a local scope) should be "this.watered = new ReactiveVar();".
+ Another sentence: "In this case the keyword this refers to the currently available data context" (page 92 - ReactiveVar –The power of Session with a local scope) should be "In this case the keyword this refers to the currently template instance."
stephan.hochhaus (92) [Avatar] Offline
The entire chapter 5 was changed so that all related to ReactiveVar is gone now. Also the bad language you mentioned is a thing of the past smilie

My mistake, this is chapter 4 and you are right. Will be fixed soon smilie
252336 (2) [Avatar] Offline
disregard