The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

stephan.hochhaus (92) [Avatar] Offline
Just put the finishing touches on chapter 4 - working with data. You can already find the code on github: https://github.com/meteorinaction/ch04-workingwithdata

Probably we need to take section 4.5 and make it a dedicated chapter about using full reactivity and two-way data binding with core Meteor. Let me know what you think.

I hope we will be able to update the book for Meteor day.
348904 (1) [Avatar] Offline
First, I want to say that I really love your book. But I think there're some places need to be corrected.
+ This sentence: "Each plant should be displayed with information regarding their color, instructions for
watering and a button to mark a plant as watered. We will add" (page 92- line 4 from top), I think you miss something after the word "add".
+ This sentence: "this.status = new ReactiveVar(); " (page 92 - ReactiveVar –The power of Session with a local scope) should be "this.watered = new ReactiveVar();".
+ Another sentence: "In this case the keyword this refers to the currently available data context" (page 92 - ReactiveVar –The power of Session with a local scope) should be "In this case the keyword this refers to the currently template instance."
stephan.hochhaus (92) [Avatar] Offline
The entire chapter 5 was changed so that all related to ReactiveVar is gone now. Also the bad language you mentioned is a thing of the past smilie

My mistake, this is chapter 4 and you are right. Will be fixed soon smilie
252336 (2) [Avatar] Offline
disregard