The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

blueshark (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hello Bradley,

thank you for the nice examples. I currently reviewed your current upload.

I´m currently developing on a desktop pc and as long as I have a rift connected everything works fine there (If I don´t but call the default rift setup instead, everything is fine, too).

But actually I´d really like to get the things protable on my notebook, which has an intel 4400 hd graphics card and 1920x1080 pix resolution.

I´m using the rift in extended mode, so I have 2 monitors each with the same resolution.

As an easy example I tried your current version of Example_2_3_Display.
The parameter´s I receive by rift and primary monitor are perfect.
windowPosition=(1920,0) and windowSize=(1920.1080) but non the less the red/blue plane has the wrong size and its not centered on the rift but partly visible on the primary monitor and partly on the rift. I also tried to mainpulate this values but then I´m running out of index. Thus I think I´m adressing the rigth values. I tried this also with different resolutions of my primary monitor and the received values were always correct. Although in my opinion I was adressing the right position the position of the screen was not correct.

Could you give me a hint what could be the reason for this problem?

The SDK examples, oculus world demo and oculus room tiny are shown correctly on the rift.

I though such an easy as creating a recangular window with different colors has to be possible running on a notebook but now I´m doubting....

regards blueshark