Magnitus (70) [Avatar] Offline
I'm finding it a bit disapointing.

I was hoping to be able to create my own Grunt scripts that integrate well with Grunt provided functionalities after reading this section.

Instead, what I'm seeing is a little kiddy "hello world" example at the start of the section that doesn't use "grunt.initConfig" or "grunt.loadNpmTasks" quickly followed by how to integrate pre-made solutions (browsify, Less, minify).

Not sure how complex it is, but an additional section implementing a custom script that uses "grunt.initConfig" and "grunt.loadNpmTasks" would be cool.
Evan Hahn (70) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Grunt Part of Chapter 4
Pardon me for not understanding; are you saying that you'd like to be able to write more complex Grunt tasks of your own?
Sorry for the late reply, I'm a bit all over the place trying to get things done. You should never apologize for not understanding if you made an attempt in good faith to understand.

Yes, I wanted to create more complex Grunt tasks using at least the facilities that the solutions you outlined make use of.

It seems to me like you introduced Grunt in order to tell your readers "here is a bunch of useful projects that come with it, use them", but didn't mean to cover Grunt in sufficient details to actually make your own non-trivial custom-made Grunt tasks.

If your book has the room to accomodate it, I think going into more details would appease all your readers, not just consummers of Grunt projects.
Evan Hahn (70) [Avatar] Offline
Okay. I'll be doing a fair rewrite of the Assets section (and moving it into another chapter, actually!) and these suggestions will make it in. I'll explain how a Grunt task actually works.
Thanks, I look forward to reading it smilie.