dmp79 (12) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Jeremy,

Will you be covering ionic forms in the book? I'm interested in seeing some real life examples of sending form data from within an ionic app as it differs quite a bit from html form actions.
jeremy.wilken (208) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Forms / data collection
Hello Daniel,

Yes I am writing about forms as we speak in fact. The documentation shows the form controls, but doesn't demonstrate how they work with ngForm and Angular's form features. Currently you would have to learn from Angular about how ngForm works and then come back to understand how to apply that to Ionic.

Since many people are new to Angular, they are not familiar with the form features of Angular and I want to ensure that is covered as its pretty important.

I have not yet written the advanced cookbook chapter yet, but giving a solid example of building Angular forms with Ionic components is already on the list.

Jeremy
dmp79 (12) [Avatar] Offline
That's great news. All my experience is with frontend HTML & CSS, i'm just learning JS now as I thought it would be a good base before I delve in to angular. I've been researching and trying to find a working example of ngForm but I can't find anything out there that I understand well enough to implement at the moment.

Thanks again for the quick response.

Daniel
jeremy.wilken (208) [Avatar] Offline
My pleasure, its also good to hear what things people are hoping to get out of the book to either validate what I have planned or help me to improve the plan!