rightisleft (4) [Avatar] Offline
Its kind of a funky transition into Angello.js in 4.1.1 - Angello.js is not mentioned anywhere prior. All previous mentioned of a file are app.js
Re: Intro of Angello.js
4.1.1 - There's also no mention of StoryboardController.js - is this just psuedo code, or is this a step i am required to take to keep up with the application?

StoryboardController.js contains references to //.. which indicated hidden code, but this is the first incarnation of the controller.

I understand that i am to use DI to share the STORY_TYPES service, but the example code is confusing.

Message was edited by:
rightisleft
4.1.2 - When we introduce the idea of:

angular.module('Angello.Common')

I have no idea what *.Common refers to at this point, or how to structure my own code to make it work correctly.
Lukas Ruebbelke (107) [Avatar] Offline
You are totally right! I apologize x 1000 I am working on Chapters 1 - 3 to make it coherent into Ch 4. Sorry for the disjointed narrative... there is a long story behind it but it will make a lot more sense when I finish the previous chapters.
Keep up the good work. The content itself is valuable even if i am struggling a bit. (it is a MEAP!)

High Level Critique from the last hour:

*Firebase:
Firebase seems like an overly complex solution - Its not authenticating at the moment even after enabling Email per instructions. Firebase is cool, its not directly relevant to AngularJS.

* File Structure:
The relationship between modules and the file system seem to be glossed over in Meap version 8. I see some kind of compilation process occurring in the git repo example, but i dont know how to get my local build setup in order to keep up with the tutorial.

My current approach is to add each of the unique object files to index.html (context: i don't want to learn node right now + yeoman/grunt/bower/npm seem to be the preferred path of least resistance )

* Modules:

After some trips to google, i'm seeing how you can compose a parent module from submodules. However, these seem to be load order dependent ( as stated above ). It would be great to clarify how you compose submodules with file system / loading requirements somewhere in chapters 1-4. Then as you abstract the modules, the reader can keep up.

----

* Current take aways:

I'd simplify everything for chapters 1-4 to be angular-centric.

Example - rather than showing an auth system that requires API-A, API-B, TOOL-C - show how to make an http call to populate a generic user object. I always default to my facebook graph object as it requires no local server: http://graph.facebook.com/jack.murphy. I'd rather go through a full cycle http request and understand all().then() instead of trying to make sure i actually acquire an Auth Token. Introduce the code required to build Angello later after the core subject material is covered.

Message was edited by:
rightisleft

Message was edited by:
rightisleft
buzzterrier (15) [Avatar] Offline
I completely agree with these comments. I just got the meap, and was chugging along through chapters 1-3. Then I hit chapter 4 and it was like from a different book. The author noted he was cleaning up 1-3 to jibe with chapter 4, but that obviously has not happened yet. I would suggest not adding any new chapters, getting 1-4 cohesive.
Twinkie (1) [Avatar] Offline
A good read on AngularJS . I guess you will like!