SteveH1UK (23) [Avatar] Offline
Hi

The applications I get involved with (typically Spring MVC) typically use a CMS system to allow users to define labels on a web page and error messages.

Are you planning to cover the recommended approaches to use a CMS system with AngularJS?

Message was edited by:
SteveH1UK
Lukas Ruebbelke (107) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Use of CMS with Angular JS
Hi Steve --

I believe that with AngularJS (and other JS frameworks) that there should be a clear separation between the client and server with an API between them. Decoupling these allows you to add on additional clients to consume your API as well as extend your API without being coupled to a single client.

With that said, I definitely cover how to consume a RESTful API in the book with two backends (more coming) to illustrate the power of this architecture. I really believe that it should be quite easy to extend those ideas to create a CMS if you so desired.

Please elaborate on this a bit more if you would like and if I do not get to it in the book, I may cover it on my blog at http://onehungrymind.com/. Thanks!
SteveH1UK (23) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Use of CMS with Angular JS
In the last application I worked on we used OpenDeploy where I used JSP with content via property files (which were reloadable) which made getting content very efficient.

As you state, with Angular you will get your content via API calls, what strategies do you use to stop this being slow (say a page has 10 different bits of content) yet able to be updated when the CMS User makes an update to any content