The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

KAIZEN1234 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Really appreciate the hard work of the authors & the breadth + depth of coverage. Noticed Websockets & socket.io references disappeared in MEAP version 8. Really was hoping these would have been expanded upon instead of evaporating. Is it possible these will be covered in a future release? This is a key component of a project I am working on.
Lukas Ruebbelke (107) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Websockets missing in action MEAP V8
Thanks for raising that issue --
I have a ton of bonus content planned for the book that doesn't quite fit into the narrative of the book that I am going to be posting on my blog http://onehungrymind.com/.

One of the examples I intend to cover is a realtime version of Angello featuring Firebase and also how to accomplish the same thing with socket.io.

What would you like to see covered around socket.io?