The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

favetelinguis (18) [Avatar] Offline
I can't understand why authors bother with tons of styles in books that are not about CSS!!!

This makes the book examples worse and makes the code much harder to read. Don't bother with styling the code or use bootstrap. Just show what angular can do plz.
Lukas Ruebbelke (107) [Avatar] Offline
Re: What is up with all the CSS styles?
Can you give me a specific example? Thanks!
favetelinguis (18) [Avatar] Offline
Well just about every example in the book uses css. I would say the most important this is that the code in the book should reflect what is being produced. For example the code in listing 2.13 step12. Now if i follow along and i write that code straight of using Angular it would still not show the way the author of the book intended. Now i have to use external css sources and to what point? Rmove all the class and id tags that are only for css purpose.

The best book i read about webb development is Build bulletproof web apps with clojure. Dam ugly sites but i got the point of the technology he was showing. I like to write all code in the books by hand and i want the examples to be self containd and to the point. If i want to see expanded examples i just look at the sour code with the book and I'm glad to find more code with fancy styling there but not in the book.

Message was edited by:
favetelinguis

Message was edited by:
favetelinguis
mkeisu (5) [Avatar] Offline
I don't agree. And as a backend developer any insight on styling is also appreciated, picking up extra books just for that is too much. Teaching bootstrap along with angular is fine and doesn't clutter things up much IMO.

Anyway, if you are doing angular, chances are you'll be doing other front end stuff too..

Message was edited by:
mkeisu