The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

andrew.psaltis (33) [Avatar] Offline
Thank you for purchasing the MEAP for Streaming Data. I'm happy to see you are taking advantage of the Author Online forum. I’ll be reading your comments and responding, your feedback is greatly appreciated and helpful in the development of the book.

Thank you,
Andrew
356208 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hello Andrew,

I am glad to see you writing a book on these fascinating topics. I would like to know your book release date. I am waiting for Kindle version. Please let me know.

-Raghu
Hi Raghu,
I am sorry for the very late response. During the MEAP process the book is available in a Kindle edition as well. The final release date is still be worked out as the book is written.

Thanks,
Andrew
wxlund (25) [Avatar] Offline
Andrew, I'm thoroughly enjoying the book as well as your approach to the topic. I was curious to know whether you've considered adding SpringXD in your candidate solutions -> http://docs.spring.io/spring-xd/docs/current/reference/html/. It is also built as an implementation of EIP and is a synthesis of Spring Integration with out of the box support for Spark sinks, HDFS, real time analytics, etc. I think it would have fit very well into 4.2 Distributed Stream Processing Architecture and other tables for comparison.
wxlund wrote:Andrew, I'm thoroughly enjoying the book as well as your approach to the topic. I was curious to know whether you've considered adding SpringXD in your candidate solutions -> http://docs.spring.io/spring-xd/docs/current/reference/html/. It is also built as an implementation of EIP and is a synthesis of Spring Integration with out of the box support for Spark sinks, HDFS, real time analytics, etc. I think it would have fit very well into 4.2 Distributed Stream Processing Architecture and other tables for comparison.

Hi wxlund,
SpringXD is very interesting and does provide a lot of the features you mention. The focus of the book has been on the different technologies at each layer, not per-se a framework that glues it all together, which is why there has been no coverage of Spring at this time. However, I will look more closely at it to see how or if it fits.

Thanks,
Andrew