The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

salsero69 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Although this book's intent I believe it to provide a rather quick analyze/response to software development and delivery, I'm wondering if you'll be covering any long term analytic to potentially determine what is what we think is a successful project to what we think may be a failed project. I'm not suggesting you provide the guidance and solution, but perhaps hint at the possibility.

The reason I am mentioning this is that this book may not be read by the Agile coaches of the world. And so to them, they may think that either analytic does not work or if they do read the book, may not wish to see beyond what you discuss.

Another reason I mentioned this is that my Agile coach wanted to see if Manning Publications was a reputable publisher that doesn't print crap. And obviously I was insulted, of the solution sounds good it should be great. This is how religiously coaches see Agile.

My other point as well is what about tracking scrum planning and stand-ups and how that may affect deliverables and project success. How know this falls more into other areas of analytics and most likely beyond the scope of the book, but this could be a cool part 2.