JanSte (5) [Avatar] Offline
Last update was Dec 09, 2013. Is the book still scheduled for October 2014?

The book has so far been really important to me, I'm looking forward to the final chapters.

Regards,
Jan
Christian Bauer (56) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Still scheduled for October 2014?
There will be another update on MEAP in the next few weeks.

As to the final publishing date, what I've said before applies: I don't know when Hibernate 5 will be ready, Manning doesn't know either (but still sets some random date on the website for whatever reason), and it's done when it's done. You are getting free updates until it's done, so don't complain.
aurelije (6) [Avatar] Offline
almost 2 months later and no update...
Oh my! I'm sure you can get a refund from Manning (I haven't been paid yet either, so they should have some free cash).
aurelije (6) [Avatar] Offline
I am sorry to hear that there is a financial problem between Manning and you.

I hope that everything will be fine
That's not what I meant, it is quite normal that you aren't being paid as an author while the book is not yet "in print". Traditional and very convenient for the publishing industry but not nice in our case, where we really don't control the schedule.
Actually, I'm sure that Manning would pay an advance if you ask for it. What I don't understand is why publishing early and then releasing updates for a few years is still such an unusual thing to do. We asked for the publishing date to be removed from the website, or be replaced with an explanation that this is a work in progress, but that didn't happen.
BobF (5) [Avatar] Offline
I'm quite happy with the 460+ page PDF and the hundreds of demos on line that are already available.

- Bob