The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Surfing Scotsman (1) [Avatar] Offline
Apologies in advance, as I am new to Java etc. Machine is all set up, Maven installed and set up however when I execute mvn clean package I am getting the following error. I tried this on both Chapters 2 amd 3 and it is the same error.

Grateful for any help.

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 14.574 sec <<< FAILURE!
verifyProperValuesAreEmittedByEachBolt(stormapplied.heatmap.topology.TopologyTest) Time elapsed: 14.449 sec <<< ERROR!
java.io.IOException: Unable to delete file: C:UsersGraemeAppDataLocalTemp34ab670d-e821-4456-8db7-aa3ac643015eversion-2log.1
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.forceDelete(FileUtils.java:1390)
al.krinker (16) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Tests Failing for Chapters 2 and 3
Here is your problem:
java.io.IOException: Unable to delete file: C:UsersGraemeAppDataLocalTemp34ab670d-e821-4456-8db7-aa3ac643015eversion-2log.1

Maven cant delete this file on a clean up and hence the error. Make sure that this file is not open somewhere... do the deletion manually if you can and run mvn clean build again.
al.krinker (16) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Tests Failing for Chapters 2 and 3
You can also try -Dmaven.test.skip=true to skip tests altogether.