The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

yroc (6) [Avatar] Offline
Bottom of p. 103 where it talks about editing the elements of a matrix using the matrix editor, it says

"In the middle, the contents of the matrix are shown. You can move the cursor over any element and press [ENTER] to edit that elementÂ’s value. Type in the new value, which appears at the bottom of the screen, and press [ENTER] again to store the value into the matrix element."

This requires pressing [ENTER] twice: once to enter "edit mode," and again to store the new value. But I find that (on my TI-84 anyway) I can just type the new value (without pressing [ENTER] first) and then press [ENTER] to store. It saves an extra [ENTER] press, anyway.
christopher.mitchell (11) [Avatar] Offline
An excellent point. This doesn't work universally on all TI-83 Plus and TI-84 Plus calculators, hence its omission, but it might be a good trick to include in a callout to speed up TI-84 Plus users' workflow.