The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

rharing (7) [Avatar] Offline
Hello Matthew

on page 90, about the grid that fails when adding padding, you claim that this should be fixed by adding : *{box-sizing:border-box;}.
However the pen that you added does not have this fixed. I checked it using latest firefox, latest chrome, latest opera and just for laughs and giggles in IE9, but all look the same to me, the first row contains 3 boxes and the second row one box. This should not happen according to your examples. Copied the code (because maybe the pen side was interferring) but still same result.

Also when referring in the book to the code examples of chapter 5, it would be nice if that chapter was actually in the code that accompanies the book. All in all a bit more care could be taken to the examples.

Regards
Ronald
matthew.carver (23) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Check your code a bit more
Hey Ronald,

Can you tell me the chapter and reference for this?
rharing (7) [Avatar] Offline
well, since almost half a year has passed, out of my head, no I can not tell you anymore then the reference I already specified in my original post. What 'this' are you referring to? To the page that I gave the number for or the chapter 5 that did not (at that time, so half a year ago) contain any code in the download?

Regards
Ronald
matthew.carver (23) [Avatar] Offline
Totally understandable. Sorry about that. For some reason I stopped getting emails about forum updates and lost track of this.

I've made a lot of adjustments to the code and book so im hoping this is resolved. Sorry again for the delay.