The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

rharing (7) [Avatar] Offline
Hello Mathew,

I noticed that the code is not up to par yet with the content of the book. For instance the directory of 4.1 shows nothing, since there is no html code in that file yet. Not sure if that is intended to serve as an empty base.

When copying the code on page 71 and 72, I think the nav style should have a value of display: none initially. If I don't add that, then on the right side of the menu button a lot of space is requested (so a horizontal scrollbar is visible) without showing anything in it (but the outline)

Edit myself: Nope it should not have a display:none because otherwise the navigation will not be visible when the media style is applied. However, when this style is added, and the screen is small, then it shows an small but long empty outline-box, and when the screen is wide enough to show the navigation, the navigation has this same empty outline box underneath it.

Regards
Ronald

Message was edited by:
rharing