The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

PedroPS (12) [Avatar] Offline
When do you plan to update the book for the brand new "App Inventor 2"?

Regards.
Pedro Pastor

Message was edited by:
PedroPS
paula.beer (7) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Book update to App Inventor-2
Hi Pedro. As soon as App Inventor 2 came out we set about updating the book and finishing the final chapters all in App Inventor 2. The book is in the final stages of copy editing and will be released very shortly. Hope you enjoy it. Many thanks to your interest to date. Paula
KrisVG (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi, I just downloaded my copy of Hello App Inventor!
I'm enthousiastic but would like to point out that support for IE11 is actually not planned at all, maybe that can be rectified in the book (page 2 states: Internet Explorer support is planned for the future), the MIT AppInventor forum learned me differently.
Regards,
Kris.
carl.simmons (13) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Kris

Yes - you are right, when we wrote that section the AI2 website said that IE support was coming soon, but it appears that that's currently not the case.

Thanks
Carl