The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

SSteve (24) [Avatar] Offline
The body text of section 2.2.1 says there are four cities (e.g. "In our case, .enter() will fire four times" but the cities.csv file has eight cities (as shown correctly in figure 2.10).
elijah.meeks (127) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Section 2.2.1
At this rate, Steve, you're going to get an honorary editor badge.
SSteve (24) [Avatar] Offline
I just hope you don't wind up hating me.
elijah.meeks (127) [Avatar] Offline
Oh, it's much too late for that... I'm just kidding, if you get upset by people pointing out your mistakes when you write a book like this, then you're just setting yourself up for unhappiness or a really bad book.

But I had an idea regarding future posts that note discrepancies between the code and the text: Let's keep them in one thread for each chapter so that it doesn't overwhelm the board.

Thanks so much for all your effort, Steve.
113899 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Ah. So, enter() will actually fire eight times. Glad this thread is here to clear up that question. Thank you, both.