The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

yroc (6) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Christopher,

Thanks for writing the book. I'm just in chapter 1 now, evaluating it as a teaching tool. I was surprised that there was no mention of degrees vs. radians in the example on graphing sine and cosine. Of course the calculator must be in radian mode for the ZStandard window to display the graph as expected, but this would probably be totally lost on someone lacking a trigonometry background. Perhaps just a quick "Make sure the calculator is in radian mode." somewhere in the section would have been warranted.

Thanks,
Cory
christopher.mitchell (11) [Avatar] Offline
Cory, thank you for that suggestion. That makes a lot of sense, and certainly would make that section clearer for beginners. I hope that your evaluation of the book as a teaching tool turned out well, and since I'm hoping to release an updated version of this book very soon, please feel free to contact me directly via email (see http://z80.me) with any thoughts, feedback, and suggestions you may have.

Sincerely,
Christopher