abergquist (181) [Avatar] Offline
On p. 3 of 'Git_in_Practice_v3_MEAP.pdf', I recommend introducing more structure (hierarchy) in the following text (via bullet points):

The book is divided into three parts. Part 1 will fly through the basics of
distributed version control using Git while teaching you the underlying concepts
that are often misunderstood or omitted in beginnersÂ’ guides. You may know how
to use Git already but I'd encourage you to persevere with this anyway; it's setting
a good foundation which the rest of the book will build upon.
Part 2 will continue to introduce more Git commands in a problem/solution
format and Part 3 will introduce more high-level workflows for managing projects
and teams when using Git.

Here is the above text restructured with bullet points:

The book is divided into three parts:

- Part 1 will fly through the basics of distributed version control using Git while teaching you the underlying concepts that are often misunderstood or omitted in beginnersÂ’ guides. You may know how to use Git already but I'd encourage you to persevere with this anyway; it's setting a good foundation which the rest of the book will build upon.

- Part 2 will continue to introduce more Git commands in a problem/solution
format

- Part 3 will introduce more high-level workflows for managing projects
and teams when using Git.

[Of course, the bullet points would be indented to the right of the leading sentence: "The book is divided into three parts:".]
Mike McQuaid (83) [Avatar] Offline
Re: 'Bullet-point'-ize text on the 'Welcome' page
Unfortunately I have no control over the current front matter (pages 1-4) so am unable to make this change currently. I'll see what I can do for the actual book release though.