The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

soulflyer (1) [Avatar] Offline
The lab operations page is not working for me in Chrome or Safari. Entering the string as given on page 60 ie:

$('img').hide();

fails to hide the images. Opening the javascript console I see this error:

[Error] Blocked a frame with origin "null" from accessing a frame with origin "null". Protocols, domains, and ports must match.
(anonymous function) (lab.operations.html, line 173)
dispatch (jquery-1.11.0.min.js, line 3)
handle (jquery-1.11.0.min.js, line 3)
[Error] TypeError: 'undefined' is not a function (evaluating 'frame.perform(operation)')
(anonymous function) (lab.operations.html, line 173)
dispatch (jquery-1.11.0.min.js, line 3)
handle (jquery-1.11.0.min.js, line 3)

It does work ok in Firefox though so I will be using that for now.

Incidentally, I find these labs to be a really useful way of understanding the material. I think it works well for those of us that learn best by playing.

regards

Iain
AurelioDeRosa (20) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Chapter3, lab.operations.html
Hello Iain.

We're aware of this issue so we've added the following note in the book:

NOTE This Lab page loads the elements on which it acts upon inside an iframe. Due to a security restrictions of some browsers, you may fail in playing with it. To avoid this issue, you can either execute the page under a web server like Apache, Tomcat, or IIS, or search a specific solution for your browser. For example, in WebKit browsers, you can run them using the flag --disable-web-security.