RichD (5) [Avatar] Offline
Amazon has a release date for this book of July 31, 2014. This site says March, but it's starting to look like it's going to be closer to Amazon's date?
Lukas Ruebbelke (107) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Release Date
We had a few internal issues to work through. The MEAP should be complete with edits in March. I am currently wrapping the final version of Angello and then the last two chapters will be completely shortly thereafter.
rbegley1 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Now the expected release date on here is August 2014?!?

By the time it get's released is the material going to be outdated?? Angular seems to be changing fairly frequently...
Trust me... NOT August
SG707 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Is this still in schedule for March? Just checked and the version is still 6.
dnissley (5) [Avatar] Offline
Just tweeted lukas and he said there should be an update in about a week.
True story! Ch 7 and Ch 9 are coming together very quickly and I have rewritten the entire sample application and I am really proud of it... stay tuned!
mkeisu (5) [Avatar] Offline
Sorry if I sound impatient, but are any updates coming? was supposed to have an update around a week or so ago
victorhooi (3) [Avatar] Offline
Any update on things?
mkeisu (5) [Avatar] Offline
Yeah I have to wonder. The MEAP began in March 2012, unless it's a huge book I don't think the time taken is justified.
vway (1) [Avatar] Offline
I think there is a misunderstanding. Perhaps the MEAP contents final draft will be complete soon, but the print book is going to be released in September. Currently there are only about 130 pages out of planned 300+, and also some time will be needed to perform reviews, etc.

This book is easy to read, interesting and useful, but feels incomplete and raw so far. Personally I'd prefer the final release to be a bit smaller (like 220 pages), but polished. And IMO it is better to have it delivered late than cancelled, especially given that we have the drafts available.

Here is a possible "justification" for the time taken: life usually brings a lot of opportunities, many of which have a lot higher priority than writing.
Todd Smith (4) [Avatar] Offline
Any word on the final release date?

I've been trying to follow along with the book but there seems to be a good amount of information/full source missing, especially for someone who is brand new to Angular. Most notably the Angello examples. I've read there is going to be updates for that but it really needs some serious hand holding to setup and create the application. Without that the book is very hard to follow once you get to chapter 3.

Another notable missing bit of info that has been discussed here is the lack of the Angular library include in the very first examples you are supposed to follow along in chapter 1. I had to do some google fu to find the best was is to pull it from the a CDN such as google's AJAX repository.

Otherwise the book seems presented fairly well but without serious revamps to those sections its going to gather dust on my digital bookshelf smilie