The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

dbirtwell (7) [Avatar] Offline
I originally bought this MEAP a while ago when I intended to learn Scala, but put off learning Scala and Scalatra until just recently.

I started with chapter 1 and read a little of chapter 2 over the last weekend, but today I went to chapter 12 to see how to build/deploy the Scalatra apps. When I started reading the chapter I noticed that this chapter has a feel of not being written by someone who's first language is English. There appear to be a large amount of grammatical mistakes, along with more typos than I noticed in chapter 1 and 2.

I'm going to write these up after I finish chapter 12.

BTW - The content of this book is very enjoyable. I have programmed professionally using Java and have coded for Java-based web applications (mainly server-side) for a LONG time. I also played with Ruby and Sinatra a little bit about a year ago and have recently written some Groovy code, so I find this book very easy to follow.
dbirtwell (7) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Chapter 12 Typos, Editing, etc.
Sorry, got the flu last week. Will complete an write up typos next week.