The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

asela115 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,
I am working on a simple program to locate my GPS coordination by following the examples given in sites.
However I have noted that available provider status is always set to "network passive gps" which I assume location details are fetched using the network. the accuracy of the data are not sufficient.
I know its possible to set the provider to "network" or "gps" but then it will use the specified provider only(specified in tag).
Is it possible to use both network and gps at the same time and get more accurate and speedy response. Its something like using AGPS facility when you open the google map.
Please advice
Thanks
Asela
paula.beer (7) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Appinventor - Location details
Hi Asela. I cannot address your question directly but this link may provide you with some more information about the fullness of AI's GPS possibilities:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V1Zm5cYoa12KVb_cTlfelSfyUkW7IH2WPHUoTa02XaY/pub

Apologies for the delay and I hope that is helpful. Best wishes. Paula