The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

cemsultan (19) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

I have now completed chapter 4 - what a brilliant chapter.

My suggestions are:

1. In Query 1 in page 99, section 4.6.2, we can access the instance method getValue() via ClassName::instanceMethod (in our case, Transaction::getValue() rather than instanceObject::instanceMethod. A quick explanation that instance objects in an array List are accessed via ClassName::instanceMethod and any other related information that's useful.

2. In the JavaDocs it states that if the Stream is unordered, no stability guarantees are made. I’m not sure if this point to covered in later chapters to come, but if not, a quick note with directions would be useful.

3. Page 71, Figure 4.1: the figure (at the top) refers to 'sorted' as Lambda expression when it should referred to as method reference.

4. Page 97, Table 4.3 title should be Intermediate & terminal operations (as both are included). And also in the table, forEach operation, the return type should be void (without the initial capital letter V), and the count operation return type should be long.

5. Page 98, section 4.6, point 1, and also repeated on page 99, section 4.6.2, Query 1, I think you meant, all transactions ‘in’ year 2011 (as opposed to ‘from’ year 2011)

6. Page 110, section 4.8.8, Generate. In the example using anonymous class (IntSupplier) for the generate() method, where the class has state, the Fibonnacci output results start from 1 as opposed to 0.

7. Page 111, Summary section, point 7, 'unique' should be 'distinct'.

* And finally on page 88, section 4.4.2, Short-circuiting evaluation: typo error: ‘…to create a stream of a given [?] without processing…'.

I can't wait to complete chapter 5!!

Thanks