The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

murraytodd (4) [Avatar] Offline
I just wanted to say I really liked the "homework problems with solutions" section with the traders and transactions. (I very much like all the Q & A sections, but this section in particular gave me just enough help nudging along to poke at and figure out each solution.)

I wish there were more examples like this to help me "explore" concepts rather than the passive reading all other books promote.

Keep up the good work!
cemsultan (19) [Avatar] Offline
Re: 4.6 Putting it all into practice
Hi,

I just wanted to backup Murray on this point, especially the words of encouragement in your book, that is, "...you should try first to get some practice!". Speaking for myself, had you not written those words, I think I would have probably gone straight into reading the solution.

Also, I would like to point out that having quizzes in the body of a chapter is also encouraging rather than have a list of exercises at the end. I also think that the difficulty level of your quizzes are at the right balance, as having difficult ones will only put people off.

Thanks