The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

rickg (16) [Avatar] Offline
The early versions of this book are excellent! Very well explained and argued.

Just a quick gotcha that I'm sure you would have found eventually. I mention it because code might be proofread differently than text.

In the answer to Quiz 2.1, your forEachApple() method takes a second parameter of consumer, and then refers to it as consummer (with two "m"s).

Thanks,
Rick

Message was edited by:
rickg
raoul-gabriel.urma (37) [Avatar] Offline
Re: ! "consumer".equals("consummer")
Hi Rick,

Thanks for the feedback! I will update this for the next revision [2-3 weeks] smilie. Chapter 2 was slightly revised in the MEAP published today. Let me know whether you feel it was an improvement or not.

Thanks,
Raoul
rickg (16) [Avatar] Offline
Re: ! "consumer".equals("consummer")
Hi, Raoul.

1. I definitely like the enumerated labeling of the "attempts." I'm not sure that "attempt" is the best label for these successive efforts. In my mind, "attempts" fail. Your iterations don't fail. That's really the point. First stab works. Second stab works too, but is better. ... (But don't choose "stab.")

2. I like the inclusion of the preview of Lambdas, which really is sort of entailed by the improvement arc discussed in #1.

3. I see that you did some Outline changes surrounding Verbosity and Anonymous Classes. It's an improvement but there was no problem. "Tackling Verbosity" is better than "VERBOSITY."

Did I miss anything?

Thanks,
Rick