The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

jamgard (9) [Avatar] Offline
I have recently been sending a *lot* of corrections for the 2nd edition and as I've been trying to figure out how to fix some of the problems with code listings that seem to be also from the 1st edition, I finally went to check out the errata from the release of the 1st edition.

Wow! Did you guys just do a copy and paste of *everything*??? No corrections to the code from even the list of errata I can access at manning.com??? The time for the actual publication is drawing near, and I don't think you'll be getting the book out.

But then again, I see production has slipped many times. This book was supposed to be out in what, 2011? 2012? 2013? Now it is 2014.

If it is released in its present condition, I will request a refund from Manning. A reader should not have to check out the previous edition's errata just to follow along in a newly written and released version.

Good luck!
Mittie (397) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks a lot for your postings.

As you correctly pointed out, there were many changes that made the code no longer work with recent versions of Groovy.
So we bit the bullet and went over every of the over 600 listings again and made sure is works with Groovy 2.4.

The process was long, but now you get a fully up-to-date book.

all the best
Dierk