The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

cemsultan (19) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

By the way, great book and I am enjoying it very much.

I would like to point one part that could be rewritten a little more clearly in chapter 3, page 40, section 3.2.1 Functional Interface:

In the second from last sentence in the first paragraph, replace the wording:

"An interface is still a functional interface if it has many default methods as long as it declares only abstract methods."

To:

"An interface is still a functional interface if it has many default methods as long as it declares only one abstract method."

I know you have mentioned about declaring only one abstract method in the first two sentences, but for someone who is new to this concept may get confused.

I hope this helps.
raoul-gabriel.urma (37) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Clarity Recommendation, Chapter 3, page 40
Hi Cem,

Thanks for your encouragement! The sentence should read (as you suggest) "An interface is still a functional interface if it has many default methods as long as it declares only one abstract method.". Keyboards let you down sometime smilie I'll update this in the next revised version.

Thanks,
Raoul