otto_the_bus_driver (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,
I mostly use my kindle E-ink reader, many of the diagrams are too small to be clearly visible. If they can be made more portrait than landscape this would make them much more usable.
This is mostly a problem for the diagrams with text on, the text just isn't readable.
If the diagrams cannot change their aspect ratio, perhaps rotating them might be an option?
This is probably applicable for other small format devices, but with E-ink displays zooming is not a usable option
Mike McQuaid (83) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Diagrams / Pictures in small format screens
Apologies for that. As an author I don't have much control over image sizes it seems but I'll pass this onto Manning.
I've spoken to Manning and unfortunately there's nothing they can do about this.

Sorry!
otto_the_bus_driver (2) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks for the reply and looking at post processing options.
While I appreciate that it would be alot of work, in most cases the diagrams could be redrawn to reduce their width. These same pictures would work just as well on larger format screens.
Also, reducing or changing the layout of the textwould also alleviate the problem.
I'll do what I can (which will probably be using higher-resolution source images).
tifanny (1) [Avatar] Offline
How to load higher-resolution source images to onto Manning? And is there a limitation on image size?
The previous link is spam and can be ignored.